ICY POLE REMINDER
The Year 6 Captains will be selling icy poles this Friday (for 60 cents) during Recess.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS 2020 SSWA PRIMARY CROSS COUNTRY
The following arrangements have been put in place in consultation with the venue – UWA Sports Park and are designed to ensure compliance with the current COVID-19 safety guidelines.
• Owing to the 2 square metre physical distancing requirements for adults, SSWA requests that participating schools request that parents do not attend the Primary Cross Country.
• If parents attend as spectators, a limit of one parent per participant has been set. Spectators are advised to arrive 10 minutes before their child’s scheduled race and leave immediately after the race presentations.
• All adults are advised that they are to observe physical distancing requirements, following instructions and signage at the event. • There will be a School Only area for participants and staff only.
• Individual students (those not competing as a part of a school team) may be accompanied by one parent/carer. • Parents accompanying their child must arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to their child’s race and must leave immediately after the presentations for that race.
• Parents are to observe physical distancing requirements, following instructions and signage at the event.
• Spectators over 65 years of age and immune compromised individuals are advised not to attend.
• There will be regular reminder announcements regarding physical distancing requirements and practicing of good hygiene. • Signage regarding physically distancing requirements will be in place and visible.
• Change rooms are not to be used, only toilets. Soap will be available in toilets.
• Regular cleaning of UWA toilets will be done throughout the day. • Schools and individuals will be requested to bring their own hand sanitiser, however, a limited supply will be available upon request at the registration desk.
• The hydration water tank will specifically be ONLY for filling water bottles.
• The winning school will be notified and shields delivered to schools for a formal presentation. There will be no school winner presentation at the end of the event.
• Students attending with their school teams will have a separate gathering and viewing area to students who attend with their parents. Parents will not have access to the School Area.