It’s hard to believe that this is what the countdown clock on our blog looks like today! In the last few days, we just wanted to remind you of a few things.
Just in case you missed it on the previous blog, here is our itinerary: 2021 Itinerary Year 6 and Year 7 Kimberley Tour
Our flight (VA1483) departs at 11:10am. Please meet us in Terminal 2 by no later than 9:30am. Mr Lewis will be standing at the Virgin Check In desk and will direct you to where everyone is meeting. He will be wearing his navy tour shirt. We all move to the check-in point as a group and ask that parents say their good-byes from that point.
Masks are mandatory at the Airport. This includes both students and parents. Please bring your own mask.
Here is a link to some information from the Perth Airport regarding Covid Safe Procedures, however some FAQ are answered below: https://www.perthairport.com.au/passenger-guide/covid-19
Do I need to wear a mask?
It is mandatory to wear a mask at Perth Airport. This includes in the car park, terminal buses, forecourts and terminals.
- You need to bring your own mask to the airport.
- On departure, please put on your mask when you exit your vehicle and throughout your journey, unless required for security screening or an applicable exemption.
- On arrival into Perth, please keep your mask on after you disembark the aircraft until you have returned to your vehicle, or if you are required to quarantine, until you return to your quarantine accommodation. Don’t forget to let your driver know if you are required to quarantine as they will need to wear a mask as well.
- You can still enjoy a coffee, drink or bite to eat provided you are seated and put your mask back on as soon as you’ve finished.
For more information, visit the WA Government website:
- FAQs: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/face-masks-frequently-asked-questions
- Directions (includes exceptions): https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/airport-transportation-face-mask-directions
- Department of Health face mask information: https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus/Face-masks
Please ensure that you have checked the packing list What to Bring 2021 SSS.
Don’t forget your gardening gloves as we will be doing some rubbish collection as community service, at one point in the tour.
We would like to remind parents to please allow their child to pack their own bags. This helps to ensure that students know that they have everything, and also that they know where it is located in their bag. Do not overpack, as the bus has limited loading capacity. It would be great if you could wear one of your tour shirts as this makes the group easy to identify and to keep track of in the airport.
All medication needs to be handed in to tour staff two working days prior to the departure of the tour, but at the latest, Friday. It must be in the package, inside of a snap-lock bag with clear instructions labelled on the bag.
We are going to have a great time and make some amazing memories! Parents, we will blog as often as we can. Whilst on tour, should you need to contact us in an emergency, please contact the school and they will relay a message to us. We will have a satellite phone with us.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the tour leaders, Mr Ted Lewis (email@example.com), Miss Hannah Uglow (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mr Matthew Sloan (email@example.com), or Mrs Kim Luinstra (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See you at the airport!