School Notice for the Community Freezer
We are really excited to continue with our initiative of the school community freezer. It is located in the Get Well Room in the Primary School Office. The purpose of this freezer is to support families from Pre-Kindy to Year 12 at SSS Duncraig with a home cooked meal when they are going through a very difficult family situation.
If you would like to contribute to this freezer by cooking a meal we would greatly appreciate it. We are looking for simple, nutritious meals that are both family and freezer friendly. These include meat and vegetable based casseroles, lasagnes, hearty soups and mild curries. Please do not use any nut or nut products. Please include all components of the meal e.g. “Casserole with rice” to make it as easy as possible for the families receiving the meals.
Please follow the steps below:
Read the food safety link: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/handwashing-why-its-important
- Choose your own recipe or look for one at:
- Buy the ingredients.
- Ensure your hands are adequately washed.
- Cook the meal.
- Cool the meal and pack in a reusable or recyclable container (either donate a container or collect a foil container from next to the freezer at school).
- Label the meal (stickers are available next to the freezer at school).
- Freeze the meal.
- Bring the frozen meal to school and place in the freezer for another family to enjoy!
Thank you for your support.