We would all like to say a massive well done to all of the students who have been raising money over the holidays. There are students who have already reached their $750 target (with quite a few going well beyond this), however, do not stop there… every dollar we raise will further the projects we can commit to in South Africa!
The South Africa Tour is only just around the corner so it is important that we get on top of the following points:
- Please ensure you return a copy of your passport to either Miss Everett, Mr Merrifield or Mr Batten before the end of Week 1. This is of the upmost importance.
- If your son/daughter’s medical information has changed recently, could you please update this via the portal on the school website.
- Please transfer any money you raised over the holidays via the link, or alternatively, hand the money directly to Ms Everett, Mr Merrifield or Mr Batten and we can hand into accounts on your behalf. The sooner we are able to finalise the amount we have raised, the longer the lead time we have to plan the projects that we can undertake whilst in South Africa.
- Please ensure you have (or have purchased) a duffle bag for packing the donations (boots/shoes/clothes) we are taking over.
- We highly recommend wearing steel cap boots while we are working at Kiddos Shelter in Port Elizabeth and JJ Haven. Kmart and Big W stock inexpensive pairs.
- The “Boot Drive” begins this term, so please have a look at the list below and keep an ear out for anyone that might be looking to donate to the trip. We will be promoting the details on the school’s social media platforms and newsletter. We welcome any ‘sharing’ of this information to spread awareness of the specific items we are looking to take:
- Priority items included black school shoes of any size, school bags and pencil cases.
- Uniforms, particularly grey trousers and white polos.
- Non-liquid toiletries including toothbrushes, sanitary pads, towels and face cloths (flannels).
- Children’s clothing – particularly warm items.
- Sports shoes, soccer boots (boys and girls), soccer kits, soccer balls/netballs/rugby balls (deflated)
Finally, some upcoming events for your calendar:
- February 26th – Mindarie Bunnings training day. Students are to make their way to and from the venue, arriving at 8.30am and departing at 3pm. Morning tea will be provided, however, there is limited accommodation for dietary requirements by the venue. Students are asked to bring their own lunch/water bottle. Please wear your sports uniform. This is a great opportunity to wear in your steel cap boots.
- March 18th – WA AIDS Council presentation to students (4-5pm) and final parent’s information evening (5.30-6.30pm) in Cousins Hall, Duncraig campus.
- March 27th – Packing Night. Students will meet at the GPLC at the Duncraig campus for the packing night from 4-8pm. Students will be required to bring a duffle bag each (with their name on it) and $5 for dinner.
If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ms Everett, Mr Merrifield & Mr Batten