Dear students and parents,
We hope you all had a lovely festive period.
This tour has really snuck up on us and now it is only days away!
A few things to keep in mind as you are packing and planning for Friday;
- Meet at Terminal 1 and 4am on Friday. We are flying with Singapore Airlines.
- Please, please, please make sure that you have your passport and are wearing your blue tour shirt
- I will have a print out of your eVisa but please make sure you have a hard copy in your hand luggage, as a backup
- Make sure you have your own sunscreen, insect repellent (we recommend Bushman’s with DEET #notspon) and hand sanitiser
- Gear for on-site; hat, safety glasses, gloves and sensible footwear that you don’t mind getting dirty. Remember that you need to have shoulders and knees covered at all times.
- Clothing for down-time, dinners and travel; make sure you pack light, conservative clothing
- While you will not need any money for the majority of the trip, if you would like some spending money for the final few days in Siem Reap, we recommend American dollars in small denominations. You will be able to get this out at the airport if you need to.
- Cambodia uses different plugs to Australia so make sure you bring an adaptor that will fit one of the plug types listed here; https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guidance/advice-for-you/when-travelling/travel-adaptor-for-cambodia/
- Each teacher will have a first aid kit and travel sickness medication but if you require your own medication, please make sure it is accessible in your hand luggage
We will arrive in Singapore at 11:55am, with a four-hour layover. We arrive in Phnom Penh at 6:05pm, where we will meet our RAW tour leader and be shuttled to our hotel.
Emergency contact number on the ground in Cambodia is 0489 994 307 – however this is emergency only. I will still be contactable by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be updating the blog daily with stories and photos.
Please get in touch if you have any other questions or queries 🙂
I know that we are so excited and can’t wait to share this amazing experience with you!
All the best,
Miss Glacken, Mr Biddle, Mrs Kirby