- A Day in the Life of a University Student – This free event invites Year 9 & 10 students to experience what life is like as a Murdoch University student during the Term3 school holidays. Students will choose from either Wednesday 27th September or Thursday 28th September to explore the campus, meet new friends and participate in hands-on workshops in subject areas of interest to them. Places are limited and students can register by visiting the website.
- MESH at Murdoch awards – The MESH at Murdoch Awards recognises and rewards Year 10 and 11 high school students in Western Australia for excellence in areas of media. We are searching for outstanding submissions in Screen Production, Photography, Journalism, Creative Writing, Games Art, Graphic Design, Sound Production, Theatre and Drama, Radio, and Web Communication. Student submissions will go in to the running to win the coveted Golden Mesh trophy and a $500 gift voucher, courtesy of Murdoch’s School of Arts. Submissions are due 6 October 2017. For more information, visit www.meshatmurdoch.com.
- On-Campus Visits – Term 4 is an excellent time to bring Year 10 & 11 students on campus to explore campus, courses and careers. Take a tour of campus, hear from current students and experience disciplines of interest in an engaging experience for students. To secure your preferred date in Term 4, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Year 10 & 11 Presentations – The Future Students Team can come to your school to talk to students in Year 10 & Year 11 about studying at university, with tips on how to pick the right course for you, how to decipher university language and alternative pathways to university entry. To make a booking, email email@example.com with your preferred date.
- Career Tasters – conducted at your school, or on campus, the career tasters are ideal for Year 9’s who are beginning to explore future careers and consider their interests and aptitudes. The career tasters utilise our Student Ambassadors, putting your students in touch with current and credible university students who are studying and on a pathway to careers and futures that may be outside of a Year 9 student’s current experience. These sessions are informative, entertaining and a great catalyst for further discussion and exploration. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred dates.