STANDARD 7

Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community

_________________________________________________________________________

7.1 Meet professional ethics and responsibilities

Meet codes of ethics and conduct established by regulatory authorities, systems and schools.

In 2012, a document was created known as the “National Quality Framework”. The NQF was created after an agreement was made by all Australian state governments to provide better educational and developmental outcomes for children. The NQF was established to improve education and care across long day care, family day care, preschool/kindergarten, and outside school hours care. The ‘National Quality Standard’ is a key aspect of the National Quality Framework, which sets a high standard for all Early Childhood settings in Australia. To demonstrate our continuous alignment with the NQS, we ensure our weekly reflection documents this.

http://acecqa.gov.au/national-quality-framework/the-national-quality-standard
As a staff member of St Stephen’s School, I am required to meet their school code of conduct. The following evidence is an excerpt from anecdotal notes taken from a meeting with some parents that demonstrates how I  ‘communicate with care and transparency’.
___________________________________________________________________________

7.2 Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements

Understand the implications of and comply with relevant legislative, administrative, organisational and professional requirements, policies and processes.

Each year, the school requires us to refresh our resuscitation award. The document below displays complying with this requirement.

The document below demonstrates complying with the school’s administrative and organisation requirements by completing a risk assessment for taking the children to a local park.

_____________________________________________________________________________

7.3 Engage with the parents/carers

Establish and maintain respectful collaborative relationships with parents/ carers regarding their children’s learning and wellbeing.

Each term I endeavour to meet with each parent to discuss their child’s learning and wellbeing. The following picture includes notes from the meeting where I communicated to some parents about their child’s learning and wellbeing.

The next picture is a screen shot of an email that my head of primary received from a parent expressing her delight in the Kindy program. This email demonstrates my ability to establish respectful collaborative relationship with parents in my class.

7.4 Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities

Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.

The following pictures display my engagement with teaching networks in social networking.

In 2016 I attended professional development on pedagogical leadership which allowed me to connect with other local schools and teachers to network.

____________________________________________________________________________

Skip to toolbar