Tour Students and Tour Parents,
I hope you are in the midst of enjoying a wonderful Christmas and summer break as a family.
Let the countdown begin! Can you believe that its only 100 days before we climb on board the airplane to take us to Africa. With that in mind, it is time to start checking things off your list:
- Have you already started any immunisation program you may wish to acquire through your GP or travel nurse?
- Have you organised a large duffel bag (or 2)?
- If you are also an Australian citizen AND a South African citizen, do you have a valid passports for both countries (both passports are required for dual citizens)?
- Have you ensured that there is at least 6 months validity remaining on your passport(s) for AFTER we return from Africa?
- Have you prepared 2 certified copies of your passport(s) and your unabridged birth certificate?
- Have you reached the required individual fundraising amount of $700? If so, keep going! 🙂
- Have you placed a reminder on your personal calendar for the next student and parent meeting (Tuesday, 13th of February)? The student meeting is from 4-5pm in the GPLC and the parent meeting (with students) is from 5:30pm-7:30pm in the GPLC. Attendance for all tour students and at least 1 parent is mandatory, as this is our final meeting as a whole group before we depart.
-Mr. C. Osborne