I was walking around the school yesterday and a student coming on the tour approached me excitedly to inform that it was 2 months to the day that we fly out to South Africa – not long now!
We would all like to say a massive well done to all of the students who have been raising money over the holidays. There are students who have already reached their $750 target, however, do not stop there…keep going!
I am writing to to remind you all of a few things:
- Please ensure you return 2 certified copies of your passport and unattached birth certificate to either Mr Thomas, Miss Everett or Mr Merrifield as soon as possible.
- Could parents/guardians please email Mr Merrifield as soon as possible (email@example.com) stating that their son/daughter has had any vaccinations/injections you deem necessary and you are happy for them to attend the tour.
- If your son/daughter’s medical information has changed recently, could you please update this via the portal on the school website.
- Please transfer any money you raised over the holidays via the link or bring the money in to Mr Thomas, Miss Everett or Mr Merrifield to hand into accounts. This is because we would like to get an idea of our total amount raised so we can begin to plan projects that we can undertake whilst in South Africa.
- The “Boot Drive” begins this term, so keep an ear out for anyone that might be looking to discard their “pre-loved” football/soccer boots or netball sneakers. We can take all sizes so none will be too big or too small.
- Please ensure you have purchased a duffle bag (or 2) for packing the boots/sports clothes we’re taking over.
- Finally, if anybody was wondering about the “Live Music Charity Gig” organised by Emma Cooke for this Saturday the 9th of February then please see the attached flyer. Emma Cooke Live Music Charity Gig-21jdww0
If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact us. We’re looking forward to seeing you all his Wednesday the 13th for the Parent’s Meeting (with students from 5.30-7.30pm in GPLC). Students will also be having a meeting beforehand from 4-5pm in GPLC.