Fair Game Australia Free Dress Day Fundraiser – ‘Be a Sporting Hero’
On Friday 23 September (last day of Term 3), we will be holding a fundraiser for Fair Game Australia. Students in K – 6 are invited to dress up as their favourite sporting hero and bring a gold coin donation and any unwanted/outgrown sports equipment to donate. The sports equipment donation bin will be in the Primary Forum from Friday 9 September – Friday 23 September for students to bring their sports equipment donations in. Gold coin donations will only be collected on Friday 23 September.
Sports Equipment Donation Ideas:
- AFL footballs, soccer balls, basketballs
- Footy boots
- Soccer shin pads
- Tee ball bats, mitts and balls
- Track shoes
- Boxing gloves/focus pads
- Hula hoops
- Large sports bags in good condition (eg. Cricket bags)
The following items CANNOT be donated:
- Sports clothing and uniforms (except team sets of bibs)
- Helmets (baseball, cricket or bike – due to safety reasons)
- Golf clubs
- Trophies or medals
- Used drink bottles
- Large items such as fitness machines, bikes etc.
- Any item that is broken, worn out or not suitable for current use eg. old style tennis rackets.
Please note that all donations should be in functional condition and cleaned prior to donation.
Fair Game takes your sports equipment to some of the most remote and under-serviced communities in Australia where it helps remove barriers to participation in sport and fitness activities and supports a healthy lifestyle. The Fair Game Recycle and Donate program distributes over 6000 items a year having a positive social and environmental impact. For more information visit https://www.fairgame.org.au/donate-equipment/
Miss Hannah Uglow
Primary Physical Education Teacher (PP-6)