Term 2 – Notices – Week 5

Good Afternoon,

What a blustery start to the week today! Whilst some students ran for cover, others took the opportunity to play in the rain with their gum boot and rain coats on. A lot of fun was had this morning.

Below are the events that are taking place at the ELC and 3-6 this week. .

ELC

Thursday 26 – May Kindy hospital incursion

Friday 27 – May ELC Cross Country

3-6 

Friday 27 May – Year 4 Camp Day

The rainy weather looks like it will be here for a few more days. As a result, we are expecting increased traffic volume coming to school. Please be patient when using Kiss and Drive. Staff are working hard to move the children safely into waiting vehicles. We kindly ask you collect your child from the school building if your child is unable to strap themselves in, or get into the car unassisted. Please remember during the morning pick up and afternoon collection, at no time can you park in the Kiss and Drive area. If you have friends or family members collecting your child, please update them on our Kiss and Drive system and ensure they have an A4 sheet with the child’s name and class clearly marked for us to see.

Across our school community we have a number of people unwell. As seasonal colds, flu and Covid cases increase, it is important that students who are unwell are not sent to school. Let us work together to ensure our community is kept as safe as possible and ensure we are limiting the spread of illness’ where we can.

Currently we have a few staff members off sick. When a teacher is away due to illness, it is not a requirement for that staff member to answer their emails. If you need assistance with an urgent concern or inquiry, please contact the office to speak with Andrew or myself.

Whilst we all navigate some uncertainty at this time, it is good for us to reflect on this very well-known passage in the Bible which reminds us of God’s love and His heart for us all.

Psalms 23

A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

Wishing you all the very best for the week ahead.

Hannah Lockwood-Jones and Andrew Johnston.

2022 Primary Inter House Cross Country

Congratulations to all students that participated and worked hard in the Inter House Cross Country.

Well done to Timae for winning. Remembering that it is the lowest score that wins…Timae won with 783 points, while Alethea came in second with 822 points and third to Carana with 880 points.

Well done as well to our medal winners, who I know put in a lot of time and significant effort to get the results shown below.

Interschool Selection –  there were many students unable to participate on Friday. Any student that was unable to compete due to valid reasons and wishes to challenge for an inter school position need to email(parent email) me at daniel.parker@ststephens.wa.edu.au and state your intentions to challenge. The challenger will need to achieve a top 6 time for their year and gender to qualify. The first challenger timings will take place on Friday 27 May after recess. A second challenger timing will most likely be organized as some students may still have lingering health issues and the year 4 cohort has an incursion on the Friday. Please email ASAP with your intentions for planning purposes. Once I have a list of challengers and their availability, then I will directly email those families with specific information.

Year 3  Girls Champion Milly Withers
Runner Up Mila Bellotti
Year 3 Boys Champion Liam Hanson
Runner Up Ben van Staden
Year 4 Girls Champion Alyssa Grosvenor
Runner Up Poppy Gilbert
Year 4 Boys Champion Jack Lepidi
Runner Up Elijah Allmark
Year 5 Girls Champion Rosie Caporn
Runner Up Lienka van der Walt
Year 5 Boys Champion Jack Whyte
Runner Up Benjamin Reeve
Year 6 Girls Champion Elena Carter
Runner Up Eliana Chang
Year 6 Boys Champion Jack Holley
Runner Up Harry Caporn